Terms & conditions
In registering for HBF Fitness sessions (Event) I agree to the following terms and conditions:
1) Any entry fees are non-refundable and not transferable and entitle participation for the person whose name and address is on the registration form.
2) To release any person or body directly or indirectly associated with the Event from any claims, demands or proceedings arising out of or connected with my participation in the Event including (without limitation) when they are caused by their negligence, and I indemnify them and will keep them indemnified against all liability for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this Event. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds each of my heirs, successors, executors, administrators, personal representatives and assigns.
3) I am participating in the event at my own risk and acknowledge that:
a) participating in the Event may involve a real risk of serious injury or even death;
b) I am physically fit to compete safely in the Event and have sought medical advice if I have not exercised for some time or am suffering from any medical condition;
c) Event Trainers do not have access to my medical history and that it is my responsibility to:
(i) declare during registration;
(ii) advise Event Trainers prior to my participation in any fitness session; and
(iii) update my registration and Event Trainers in the event of any change, of any medical conditions that I have that may impact my ability to exercise.
d) it is my responsibility to maintain appropriate hydration levels to participate in the Event; and
e) I consent to medical treatment that the Event organisers or authorised representatives consider appropriate during or after the Event.
4. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to ensure that my contact and medical details are kept fully up to date.
5. I acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and athletic equipment prior to, during and after the Event.
6. I acknowledge that training for the Event may be modified where Luke Dimasi, trading as Conan Fitness (Conan Fitness) and HBF Health Services (together referred to as Event Trainers) consider that such changes must be made.
7. I give permission, for no fee or remuneration, for the use of my name, statements or picture in any form of media in any context relating to the Event or otherwise during or after the Event. I acknowledge that HBF Health Limited (HBF) reserves the right to:
a) cancel the Event and refuse a participant’s attendance at and/or participation in the Event;
b) alter these terms and conditions (variations will be posted on the Event website); and
c) impose a limit on the maximum number of participants for a venue.
8. I certify that I am 18 years or older or that I am the parent/legal guardian of the participant:
a) who is 15 years or older and I agree to these terms and conditions on the behalf of the participant; or
b) who is 14 years or younger (Child) and I agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of the Child and in my own right and I further:
(i) agree that the Child cannot participate in the Event unless I participate in the same training session in the same area;
(ii) understand that while the Event Trainers will provide activities, tips and recommendations relating to those activities, it is my responsibility to assess the Child’s individual requirements and abilities and act accordingly;
(iii) acknowledge that if the Child demonstrates behaviour that endangers the Child or other participants I will be notified and the Child may be requested to leave the Event; and
(iv) warrant that the Child has not at any time suffered from blackouts, seizures, convulsions, fainting, dizzy spells or any other medical condition and is not presently receiving treatment for any illness, disorder or injury which would render it unsafe for the Child to participate in the Event.
HBF Health Limited (HBF) and Luke Dimasi, trading as Conan Fitness (Conan Fitness) respect and value the privacy of all information collected about Event participants.
All information collected about participants is for the administration and conduct of the Event. The information collected will be securely stored on the HBF database and may be disclosed to our market researchers and to medical staff in the event of a need to deliver medical services.
By entering this Event, you consent to your personal information being collected either directly by HBF or Conan Fitness and HBF Health Services (the Event Trainers) and provided to HBF. You further consent to receiving information from HBF about the Event and any offers or related messages provided by our sponsors to participants. Your information may also be used by HBF including its related corporate bodies to provide you with marketing communications (including by SMS, email, post, social media and digital channels), for future promotions to you of this Event and HBF’s other wellness related initiatives including but not limited to Momentum member benefits, HBF health services and programs, and Friendlies Pharmacy services, programs and products. Your information may also be used by HBF for the purposes of conducting market research that informs the strategic direction of HBF, by seeking to understand ways to improve the health of members, the effectiveness of marketing activities, the member experience and the products and services HBF offer. You may opt-out of receiving marketing information from and participating in market research for HBF at any time by calling us on 133 423 or emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘ticking the box’ on the relevant form when you apply for a product or service. HBF sometimes uses service providers who either host or store personal information overseas. This means HBF may transfer information about you between countries to those service providers, if required, for the above purposes. In all such cases, HBF will take reasonable steps to ensure all entities to whom it transfers your personal information comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including ensuring appropriate security measures are taken by those entities to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use.
If you do not wish to provide personal information, which is required, you may not be able to be properly registered for the Event, or contacted in case of changes to the Event.